Friday, March 30, 2007

Luton Town manager Mike Newell sacked finally.

Now I dont normally rejoice at the misfortune of others but I was quite pleased to hear that Mike Newell, manager of Luton Town Football Club, has been sacked. Mike Newell, you may remember, made extraordinarily sexist and public remarks about female officials in football (see my previous posts here and here.)
He wasnt sacked for being a misogynist, oh no, but for criticising the Board of Directors (all male I think we can safely assume). Still he's got what he deserved finally and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

witchy-woo said...

Makes me smile too GG :)

Oestre-Bunny said...

well it just goes to show that sometimes people do get what's coming to them... and i'm sure at the time he was sacked, his past behaviour did him no favours!