Sunday, April 22, 2007

Last Trimester


I am now 6 months pregnant and in the final trimester, thankfully and I have been drinking cups and cups of Raspberry leaf tea (tones the uterus and encourages steady labour. Last time around I drank buckets of the stuff and as a result had a 5 hour labour which is short for the first child). Theres no denying I'm pregnant now, as I'm really quite big. Everything has been going well and I feel suprisingly good, albeit slightly tired. I still have no set ideas for a name, which is worrying me a bit. Dont want to be reduced to calling baby Junior.
Have decided to have a home birth, which I am quite excited about and my midwife is really supportive. So all in all am just trying to stay positive and not worry too much. I know I can do this, I've done it before afterall and I trust my body to do it.
Have been reading some really good books about birth which have really been inspiring me. Number one best childbirth book is "Birth Without Violence" by Frederick Leboyer. This is a really amazing and beautiful book and has really affected my view of birth. This is a definite must read for all mothers and fathers to be. "Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth" is another fantastic book which I have just read. This book is full of fantastic natural birth stories and has lots of fantastic guidance on coping with pain. She has another book "Spiritual Midwifery" which is supposed to be great too and which I am dying to read but have yet to get a copy.
I am starting to get really excited now and I cant wait to see this person living inside me.

2 comments:

Maia said...

yay - sheela-na-gig!

Congratulations on making it this far. And also for reading those books , I wish I had known to read them BEFORE labour instead of discovering them afterwards!

Erika said...

The second time round is a great chance to get it all perfect! I know lots of mums who went into the first birth full of fear and knowing nothing, ending up with loads of intervention, who then go on to have a natural second birth because they have learned to listen to their body rather than a doctor.
Hooray for our amazing bodies!
good luck.